S4M helps businesses, small and big, grow their activity by leveraging the power of location. While respecting people’s privacy, we provide businesses with the opportunity to engage their prospective customers in a non-intrusive way in order to make their services discoverable, be it a football gear shop, a new library or a car dealership.
Founded in 2011, we now service more than 500 companies around the world. S4M is headquartered in Paris with more than 170 employees and ten offices worldwide in the US, Europe and Asia Pacific.
We are a close-knit team of hardworking engineers, product owners and designers who put collaboration and team spirit above all. Individually, we enjoy a high degree of freedom in our work, while sharing the same goals with and always having the support of the whole team.
Today, we are growing and are looking for smart, humble, diverse, curious and creative people that want to work alongside us. If you are motivated by a rapidly changing environment, full of challenges ranging from technological and statistical aspects to UX choices, all in order to make using our product a breeze, get in touch!
Here is what we will be expecting from you if you work at S4M:
- To develop applications with particular attention to the context (technical, functional, business and human);
- To be involved in the product team’s life and the understanding of business needs;
- To work with the rest of the team to design appropriate solutions;
- To strive to achieve a certain technical excellence by ensuring the quality of what you deliver;
- To add proper unit tests to your developpements;
- To assiduously document what you’ve produced;
- To understand and respect the development and release process of the team;
- To communicate to the VP Engineering any blocker or other problem that affects your work;
- To help the product team to improve by being proactive on the evolution of internal tools and methods;
- To have a mindful communication with the other members of the team but also with external actors;
- To participate in level 2 support when required.
As a Backend engineer we will also expect from you that:
- You like new challenges;
- You know your way around Java and/or Scala;
- You have a good understanding of the JVM and its performance aspects;
- You’ve worked with functional/reactive programming;
- You’re open minded about working with new technologies;
- You know your way around a git repository;
- You have no issue communicating in French and in English.
If you wish to apply, please send your application to email@example.com with the subject line Backend Engineer. We aim to get back to you as soon as possible. Nevertheless, due to the large volume of applicants, we can only reply to successful candidates.